By Marissa Bergen
2020 has been filled with way too much negative energy and I needed all the help I could get. The Moon & Jai High Vibe Home Kit seemed like the perfect product for turning things around. Advertised to clear away negativity and infuse the home with positive energy, I thought I’d give it a go.
The package arrived on Friday, one of my busiest days. It was no surprise that my 13 year old daughter got to it before I did. A fan of all that is mystical, she came to my side with the stones and crystals in hand and we both had to take a moment to gaze upon their beauty.
It wasn’t until Saturday morning that I got to take a good look at my new toy.
I can tell you that Moon & Jai left no stone unturned (no pun intended) when it came to providing an exceptional unboxing experience.
All materials were included in an elegant pink box engraved with metallic stars and the Moon & Jai logo. I slid the top to the side to reveal a hemp bag filled with the following items:
- Selenite: This perfectly rectangular smokey white crystal neutralizes negative energy and promotes the flow of life. It is meant to be placed at the entrance of the home. I put mine on my front windowsill.
- Black Tourmaline: Glossy and blacker than black, this crystal was my favorite. The irregularly shaped rectangular mineral matter absorbs negative energy and creates a protective shield around the home. Effective in any living area, this one went on the kitchen windowsill.
- Rose Quartz: This famous pink stone promotes soothing comfort, harmony and self love. Perfect for the bedroom, I put mine in a case on my night table.
- Tiger’s Eye: Reminiscent of a tiger’s eye, this brown swirly stone brings good luck and prosperity. A great addition to living and work spaces, mine went on the computer desk.
- Copal: The copal incense stick is made of a natural resin that purifies aura and space and gets rid of negativity and stagnant energy. It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and a great musky scent.
- Palo Santo: This wooden stick comes from a Sacred Tree and it has been used to bring blessings and cleanse the aura. It has a sweet, citrus-like scent that adds an uplifting energy to the home.
- Feather: The feather is a representation of air and spirit and it is helpful in the clearing process.
- Moon & Jai Matches: These were a great added touch. The old fashion Moon & Jai branded kitchen matches made the ritual feel even more special.
- Instruction Card: The kit included instructions written on a regal black piece of cardstock. It provided clear guidelines for the ritual and explains each items’ use.
Once the crystals were placed throughout my home, all I could do is wait until nighttime for the ritual to begin. (Note, the ritual does not have to be done at night, but I thought this would be the most appropriate time for bringing soothing energy into the home).
The Smudge Ritual
I knew there was no way I could do the ritual without getting my daughter in on it. I called her into the living room when darkness started creeping in.
The first step was the lighting of the copal. My daughter enthusiastically took over match lighting duties and we watched the thin smoke waft from the burning incense. The musty aroma began filling the room.
Then, as per the ritual instructions, we took the stick and waved it over our bodies, back and front while announcing affirmations.
Next, we took the stick into the various rooms of our home leaving no corner unturned. The final step was putting out the stick on the front door of our home to create a smudge.
A word of warning, some embers will fall to the floor while doing this and I was not prepared. Fortunately, it was not enough to do damage to my hardwood floor but it may burn carpeting. It’s a good idea to have some sort of nonflammable container to catch the embers at any rate.
The final part of the ritual was moving through the house with the Palo Santo stick to enhance the positive energy. I had never used a Palo Santo stick before, and we had trouble keeping it lit but all the more reason for my daughter to willingly light off a few more matches.
The stick smelled terrific. We were instructed to put it out on the door as well and it did not produce any embers but it’s not a bad idea to use some sort of receptacle here, just in case.
The kit was absolutely gorgeous. Earthy, elegant and utterly feminine, it was a treat to unbox and the crystals look lovely sitting around my home.
My daughter and I had a great time using the kit together. We giggled and laughed and had a bonding experience. Note, it is not necessary to do the ritual with another person, but it does add to the fun.
Immediately after the ritual, there was a feeling of calm throughout the house. I’m not sure if the positive energy is long lasting due to the presence of the crystals, it may be too soon to tell. But I can tell you this, it was a pretty great weekend.
Marissa Bergen is a freelance writer from Los Angeles, CA. She is especially passionate about music, fashion and natural wellness. When she's not writing articles, you can find her rocking out with her punk rock family band, The CheeseBergens.